Health savings Account
Defray the cost of healthcare expenses, while taking advantage
of tax free savings1.
If you need a break from the high cost of health care, a Health Savings Account might be right for you! An HSA offers eligible individuals2 many benefits, including the option of keeping the money as a savings toward retirement.
- Earn 0.20% APY* on all balances over $1.003
- No set up charges, no monthly fees
- Earn interest on all balances over $1.00
- Check card with no annual fee
- Free direct deposit set-up
- Free online banking
- Low opening deposit of $100
- Available for individuals and family plans
- Unlimited withdrawals for approved expenses4
- If you don't need the funds to pay medical expenses, your money can remain in the account as
Have questions about how a Health Savings Account works? Check out our Frequently Asked Questions.
Click here, for Current Rates on our other financial products.
To learn even more about our Health Savings Account, visit a Financial Services Representative at any of our Central Coast locations, or call us at 805.369.5200.
Save for medical expenses or save for retirement. Expect Health Savings Account. Expect more with Heritage Oaks Bank.
- *APY = Annual Percentage Yield
- 1 Consult your tax professional for additional information about tax savings.
- 2 To qualify for an HSA, you must be 18 or over, and covered by a High-Deductible Health Plan (HDHP). You are ineligible for an HSA if you are covered by any health insurance plan other than an HDHP, have applied for Social Security benefits, receive Medicare benefits or are claimed as a dependent on another person's tax return. There are no income limits to qualify for an HSA, and your contributions do not need to come from employment earnings. You can make deposits from personal savings, dividends, and unemployment or welfare benefits.
- 3 Interest rate is 0.20% and is effective as of October 17, 2014. Rate is available to residents of Monterey, San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara and Ventura counties. Fees may reduce earnings. Rate is variable and may change daily.
- 4 Up to the amount of your current and prior contribution. The limit for 2014 is $3,300 for single coverage and $6,550 for a family plan. For additional information speak with a Financial Services Representative.