Transaction Authorization Token
Enhanced security to protect your online transactions.
We are committed to providing the highest level of system security for you and your account information. That is why we are implementing a new security procedure called Transaction Authorization Tokens. Clients who use our ACH Origination or Wire Transfer services through Online Banking will be required to use the new Transaction Authorization Token.
What is a Transaction Authorization Token and how does it work?
A Transaction Authorization Token is a method of validating the user at the time of transaction approval. This feature provides an additional layer of security in the event the user’s login ID and password are compromised. The validation occurs when the user enters their six-digit security code as provided by the Symantec™ VIP Transaction Authorization Token. Each six-digit code is valid for use one-time and expires if not utilized within 30 seconds or upon issuance of another code.
Each user has a unique Credential ID issued to them by the Symantec™ VIP Transaction Authorization Token and the six-digit security code is displayed on your mobile device. The token is a “soft” token in that it’s downloaded to your mobile device and not a physical piece of hardware that needs to be delivered to you.
How do I obtain my Transaction Authorization Token?
(Click here for print-friendly instructions)
- Using your mobile device, please go to the VeriSign™ website.
- In the lower right hand corner of the screen you will see a section titled: PROTECT YOUR ONLINE ACCOUNTS
- Click on the button titled Get VIP Credential.
- On the next page you will see options for selecting your Symantec™ VIP Transaction Authorization Token.
- Select the first option “VIP Access for Mobile".
- Select your Mobile Device from the acceptable options provided, use the arrows to scroll through the options (iPhone, Android, Blackberry, etc.).
- After you have selected your device type, you will receive instructions specific to your device to complete the download process of your Symantec™ VIP Transaction Authorization Token.
Does my Token need to be “activated”?
Yes. Once you have downloaded your Symantec™ VIP Transaction Authorization Token to your mobile device, you will need to provide us with your Credential ID to allow us to update your Online Banking profile so that you may begin transacting using your Symantec™ VIP Transaction Authorization Token.
Please provide the Credential ID to us using the Secure Message system within Online Banking or if you prefer, you can call us at: (805) 369-5200, option #4. Please do not email your Credential ID.
Once we have received your Credential ID, we will send you a response via the Secure Message system within Online Banking to let you know that your Symantec™ VIP Transaction Authorization Token has been activated and that all future transactions will require this token in order to be completed.
Are there any special steps when I use it for the first time?
Yes. The first time you use your Transaction Authorization Token, you will be asked to enter two consecutive security codes generated by your token. The security token will refresh and provide a new code every 30 seconds. This is a one-time requirement and all future transactions will require only one security code to authorization your transaction.