Add Positive Pay to your Business Banking and make fraud prevention and account monitoring even easier!
At Heritage Oaks Bank, we'll do everything we can to make managing your business finances easier. That's why we are now offering Positive Pay1. Positive Pay verifies the check information you provide as the checks are presented for payment against your account. If a check is identified as an altered or or unauthorized check, your business will be notified.
- Easily input checks into the online banking system in batches or individually
- Monitor checks to be paid every morning for reduced losses from fraud
- Electronic notification when a check is identified as unauthorized or is presented for the incorrect amount
- You review the items and indicate online whether Heritage Oaks Bank should pay or return the check
- Late cut off time (7:00 p.m.)
- Local in-house service and support
How does Positive Pay work?
Positive Pay is a service that matches the account number, check number and dollar amount of each check presented for payment against a list of checks previously authorized and issued by your company. Positive Pay allows your company to input or transmit a file of issued checks to the bank each day checks are written. Then checks presented for payment are compared electronically for validity against the list of transmitted checks already on file with the bank.
When a check does not "match" an item you have transmitted, it becomes an "exception" item. You review these "exception" items each morning via our Online Banking system. Once you have reviewed the item, you let us know if we should pay or return the check. It's that easy!
Combine the strength of Heritage Oaks Bank with the ease of managing your finances at your convenience. Find out if Positive Pay is right for your business by contacting a Heritage Oaks Bank representative at 805.369.5200.
1 Positive Pay required Account Analysis.